6 weeks since my last bump update?!? What in the world right?! I can’t even tell you where the time has gone!
Well, I do know where one of those weeks went.
My husband and I had a wonderful babymoon on the beach in Mexico a couple of weeks ago. It was the best thing we could have ever done for ourselves and for this little baby girl growing into a grapefruit sized bump in my tummy!
We had so much time to just talk and daydream and plan for our new life as a family of 3 (plus our two furry children–can’t leave them out). We came back refreshed and rejuvenated body, spirit, mind and most importantly in our relationship. I am excited to start this journey off with my best friend and my love and watch him become an amazing father. It all just blows me away!
Now, on to the picture part! Here is the true “before” story of these pictures… hubs and I are running late for an appointment we had this past Sunday when I throw the camera at him and beg hubs to snap just a few QUICK photos prior to us running out the door and speeding to our meeting. Good news, the story ended well, we made it to our appointment on time sans a tickets and I have a few bump shots to share! Hey, I NEEDED new bump pictures and my weekends have been FULL of running around and planning every little detail of our upcoming HUGE home renovation… and so the moments when we are home, there is natural light and I am dressed in semi normal clothing and not in sweat paints are few and far between!
So in all of their rushed glory, I think these pictures really show the fact that I have officially “popped”! And I think it just happened last Monday! I swear I came home from work sore as ever and looked down and it was just there. I haven’t noticed any huge changes prior to that or after… crazy that it felt like it came all at once and just two days after I was home from my beach vacation–meaning I was still kind of at an in-between look while sitting in the sun in a bathing suit ugghh!
Here are some official details and updates for week 23!
- How far along?: 23 weeks in these photos 23 weeks 4 days officially
- Baby is the size of a: a grapefruit
- Total weight gain/loss: -1 lbs, still not back up to my starting weight quite yet but getting VERY close
- The Bump: Yep its there… just popped this past Monday I swear!
- Symptoms: I am starting to slow down again. I am feeling sleepy by the end of a day of work and ready for a nap by the time I get home, I guess that is what happens when I am this close to being in my 3rd trimester!
- Food Cravings: Fruits fruits fruits! And veggies. Yep. Still the same as the beginning. And I am back on my salad every day kicks. I am just crazy thankful that I am craving such health foods so far!
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Nope, nada.
- Sleep: Going fine at the moment. No more night-time potty brakes since the babes has moved up a bit and away from my bladder which is a great treat. I do sleep with 4 pillow each night one behind my back, one in between my legs, one at my head and one in between my arms. Needless to say I am not a good so good at cuddling anymore!
- What I miss: Let me tell you, on vacation it was hard not to wish for a margarita or two… but overall I am not missing all that much at all. Well coffee maybe now that I getting back to being tired again.
- Weddings Rings On or Off: On.
- Any Names Picked Out Yet: Yep, we think so. :) But we are going to keep this one a secret until we know 100%
- Gender Prediction: It’s a GIRL!
- Movement: Yes! The movements started on Valentines day And just like a light switch, they were suddenly just there regularly. I love feeling her move around. It has helped me get all attached and excited about being pregnant (it took me a little white I am a little embarrassed to admit).
- Maternity Clothes: Just a pair of maternity skinny jeans. Otherwise my shirts are fitting okay so far, a few are getting tighter. And I am still happily using my button extender with my normal dress paints for work. I am hoping that might just keep working the whole pregnancy… hummm we will see about that one!
- Labor Signs: None.
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Deciding on a nursery theme and moving forward with it! I don’t know whyyyy I can’t just pick something… but for now I am looking all over the web for ideas–seriously if you guys have web pages you recommend for baby stuff PLEASE share!!!
And once again, a huge thanks to each of you for being a big part of our pregnancy journey. I have loved the advice and insights that you have given me so far, keep them coming!!!
And if you missed any of the past pregnancy updates here are the most recent few: